Ask an Expert: What To Do If You Suspect Autism

Dr. Ivy Chong discusses what to expect if you suspect your child has autism. Parents are usually the first to notice the signs of autims in their child. Trust your instincts as a parent and find a pediatrician who will refer you to a qualified specialist, neurologist, psyhologist or psychiatrist. Most importantly, if you suspect, don't wait to take action! Ivy Chong, Ph.D., BCBA-D, is Director of Autism Services and Training at The Scott Center for Autism Treatment and Associate Professor at the Florida Institute of Technology.