About Community Psychological Services
Community Psychological Services
Psychological and Personality Assessment
- Autism Spectrum Disorders Evaluation
- Attention-Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder evaluation
- Comprehensive evaluations (cognitive and personality)
- Evaluations for students disability accommodations at college and College Board examinations
- Gifted evaluations
- Court ordered evaluations for probation case plan
- Personality Evaluations, such as those required for international adoption
- Vocational assessment and planning
- Social Security Disability Determinations
- The Marital and Sex Therapy Team provide psychological services to couples to include premarital counseling, marital therapy, divorce counseling and divorce mediation.
- Family therapy utilizes two clinicians who facilitate improved communication and problem solving.
- Family Learning Program (FLP) provides the highest standard psychological services to a diverse inter familial clientele of sexually abused children and their families based on the latest research.
- Individual therapy utilizes evidence based therapy models to help individuals with mental health and behavioral problems.
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) is an empirically-supported treatment for young children with behavioral problems. Treatment places emphasis on improving the quality of the parent-child relationship and changing parent-child interaction patterns; hence eliminating inappropriate behaviors. Parents are taught specific skills to improve the relationship with their child while increasing their child's pro social behavior and decreasing negative behavior.
Community Consultation, Outreach and
Psycho-Educational (CCOPE) Activities
Off-site presentations are provided to the community. Our clinicians have given presentations at schools about eating disorders, trained staff at facilities to effectively communicate with troubled adolescents, provided support to the fire department with you fire-setters and their families.
Presentations at the Scott Center are provided to the public on a variety of topics such as bullying, teenage texting, and family communication.
Court Ordered Evaluations
CPS offers a variety of court-ordered psychological evaluations. We offer reasonable prices and very quick turnaround times on reports. Feel free to contact us for more information and pricing. Our efficient and courteous staff would be happy to spend time answering any questions you may have.